Wondering whether you need a car crash lawyer? Here are some situations where an attorney can be helpful.
Some of the situations in which a car accident attorney is often essential include the following:
- The extent of injuries is uncertain. When there are serious or several types of injuries due to a car crash, an attorney can help determine the extent of the damages in question.
- There is a dispute about fault. If the car crash in question involves difficult determinations regarding fault for the crash, an attorney can help obtain statements and gather evidence to show exactly how an accident occurred. The other driver was uninsured or underinsured. If the driver who is responsible for the crash lacked adequate insurance, a qualified attorney can help an car crash victim decide what all available options are in order to receive compensation.
Reasons for Retaining the Services of a Skilled Colorado Car Accident Attorney
There are several particular advantages to obtaining the services of a skilled attorney, which include the following:
- An attorney will be able to better assess the value of an individual’s case. Determining the amount of damages incurred as the result of a car crash is particularly difficult. Insurance companies realize that car crash victims can have a difficult time assessing the value of a case on their own and often use this fact to pay an crash victim less money than is deserved. A skilled attorney will know the worth of an individual’s damages and helpensure that the car crash victim receives a fair settlement.
- Insurance laws are complicated. A knowledgeable attorney understands insurance laws and how various policies apply much better than most car crash victims. Experienced attorneys also know what it takes to make sure that a case resolves in a positive manner.
- If a case goes to trial, an experienced attorney can reach the best conclusion. In many car crash cases, an insurance company does not offer a car crash victim a reasonable amount. Individuals who choose to proceed to go to trial require the services of a skilled attorney who can prepare the best case possible.
- Insurance companies can take advantage of an individual. Insurance companies are profit based entities that are in most cases more interested in saving money than adequately compensating individuals who have been injured in a car crash. Without the assistance of a skilled attorney, individuals are at risk that an insurance will take advantage of the individual.
- Skilled attorneys know how to use evidence to create a strong case. An experienced accident attorney will know how to prove that the other driver was responsible for the automobile crash by using physical evidence, medical records, police reports, experts, and applicable laws to demonstrate fault.
- There is a risk of statute of limitations running out. An attorney will know the relevant Colorado laws concerning the statute of limitations for initiating a car crash claim. If individuals do not initiate a claim within this time period, an individual will lose the right to commence a legal action against the responsible party.
Contact an Experienced Accident Attorney
A car crash has the potential to forever change an individual’s life. If you or a loved one is injured in a Colorado car crash, consider retaining the services of a skilled accident attorney at McCormick & Murphy, PC. An attorney can help negotiate matters with the other driver’s insurance carrier, and do the most to ensure that you receive fair compensation.January 16, 2017 | A Guide to Maximizing Your Auto Settlement