Learn how to get your crash report from the Colorado State Patrol (CSP)
If you were involved in a car accident that was responded to by the Colorado State Patrol, you have multiple options for obtaining the Colorado State Patrol accident report for your crash: Online or by Email, Mail, or Fax.
It is important to note that the information here is only pertinent to those whose crash was responded to by the Colorado State Patrol (CSP).
Our Work Has Been Featured On:
INJURED IN A COLORADO CAR CRASH? WE ARE HERE TO HELP.
The period immediately following a serious car accident is filled with pain, anxiety, and confusion. If you’re suffering, we want to help. Contact McCormick & Murphy now for a FREE case review. A qualified Colorado car accident attorney from our firm will listen to the details of your crash and explain your options during your consultation.
Getting Your Colorado State Patrol Accident Report Online
You can order your basic accident report online via the Colorado State Patrol Online Accident Report Request Form on the State Patrol Website.
The form requires the following information:
- The case number of your accident,
- Your first and last name,
- The date that the crash took place, and
- The location of the crash.
The basic Colorado State Highway Patrol accident report does not include witness statements, photos, or any other components of a crash investigation.
The CSP crash report costs $5 if it is 10 pages or fewer, and $.25 more for each page after 10 pages.
Further components such as a CD with photos, a Citation/Arrest Report, and In-Car Video can be obtained for an added charge.
Getting Your Colorado State Patrol Accident Report by Email, Mail, or Fax
The Colorado State Patrol Accident Report request form can be downloaded from the Colorado State Patrol website and filled out by hand. The hard copy requires the same information as the online accident report request and provides the same options of ordering added information beyond the basic crash report.
The completed hard copy of the crash report request form can be:
- Sent via email to the Colorado State Patrol at email@example.com,
- Mailed to the Colorado State Patrol Central Records Unit, 700 Kipling St., Lakewood, CO 80215, or
- Faxed to 303-239-4347.
You can decide by which method you prefer the Colorado State Patrol accident report to be sent to you: fax, mail, or email.
Should you elect to have the Colorado State Patrol accident report mailed to you, you should send a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your order, along with payment (check or money order).
Other Important Information
- It may take up to 10 days after a CSP car accident report has been completed by a state trooper in order for the Colorado State Patrol Accident Report to be available for order. It will be sent as soon as possible after payment is received.
- If a state trooper did not respond to an accident due to an Accident Alert (inclement weather high volume of accidents prevents trooper from responding) condition or other circumstance, individuals involved in the crash are required to file their own crash report online.
- Further questions can be directed to 303-239-4180.