Pueblo Drunk Driver Accident Lawyers
Drunk driving is an epidemic in our state and in our country. Despite laws that make getting behind the wheel after having too much to drink illegal, there are dozens of driving under the influence (DUI) arrests made per day in the state of Colorado, and tens of thousands of DUI-related accidents, injuries, and deaths reported per year nationally. At the law office of McCormick & Murphy, P.C., our Pueblo drunk driver accident lawyers believe that drunk drivers should be held responsible when they cause accidents and injuries. If you have been harmed by the action of a drunk driver, our lawyers can help you to bring an injury claim, recover the compensation that you deserve, and seek justice for your harm. We are passionate about helping clients like you. Call us today to learn more about how we can serve you and your family.
Evidence in a Drunk Driving Accident & Injury Claim
If you are involved in an accident caused by a drunk driver and you suffer property damage, personal injuries, or both, you maintain the right to file a claim against the drunk driver for damages. Our lawyers want to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation available to you. In order to do so, you will need to prove that the drunk driver was operating their vehicle negligently, that your car accident and injuries would not have occurred but for this negligence, and that you have suffered actual damages as a result. Proving these elements will require a variety of different evidence types, including:
- Police reports;
- Evidence of the drunk driver’s blood alcohol content (BAC) at the time of the crash;
- Eyewitnesses’ statements;
- Evidence of property damage;
- Photos of the accident scene, vehicle damage, injuries; etc.;
- Vehicle electronic control module (ECM) data;
- Any video footage of the accident;
- The drunk driver’s statements and testimony;
- Statements from those who witnessed the drunk driver consume alcohol or who served the driver alcohol;
- Accident reconstruction experts’ opinions;
- Medical experts’ opinions; and
The above list is not inclusive; the type of evidence that your case may require will be specific to the details of your accident and injuries.
Gathering evidence on your own after being in a serious crash may feel impossible – not only may you be physically incapable of the job, but confronting evidence so soon after a crash can also be very emotional. Our drunk driver accident lawyers in Pueblo, CO can handle 100 percent of the investigation on your behalf and will collect and organize all relevant evidence.
Services Offered by Our Pueblo Drunk Driver Accident Lawyers
Our law firm is responsible for providing you with comprehensive services related to your drunk driving accident claim. When you call our law firm, we will help by:
- Reviewing your case free of charge;
- Providing you with an overview of your options, including bringing a claim against your own insurer, bringing a claim against the drunk driver’s insurer, or filing a lawsuit directly against the drunk driver;
- Opening an investigation into your case and collecting all relevant evidence, as discussed above;
- Hiring experts who can add clout to your claim;
- Investigating and calculating the full extent of your damages;
- Issuing a demand letter against the responsible party;
- Advising you of various legal rules and requirements, including the statute of limitations;
- Representing you in all claim negotiations; and
- Litigating your case should an out-of-court settlement prove impossible.
Throughout the entire process, our lawyers will also remain committed to being accessible whenever you need us. You can count on us to make your case a priority, and to always be available to answer questions or provide you with information about the status of your claim.
Damages Recoverable Against a Drunk Driver
When a drunk person gets behind the wheel of a car, they take the lives of others in their hands. If you have been hit by a drunk driver, you may have suffered tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages. Our lawyers are here to advocate for your right to compensation, and we will aggressively represent you in settlement negotiations and litigation if necessary. Types of damages that we can help you to recover against a drunk driver include:
- Medical expenses. We will help you to recover compensation for the full extent of medical expenses that you have suffered as a result of a drunk driving crash, including compensation for your hospital stays, prescription drugs, surgery costs, doctors’ appointments, rehabilitation, therapy, and any future medical costs you are expected to incur.
- Property damage expenses. If you were injured in a drunk driving crash, chances are high that your vehicle was severely damaged. If you are facing high property damage costs, we’ll work hard to make sure that you are compensated in full for repairs of the costs of a new vehicle.
- Lost wages. If you’ve suffered a serious injury, you probably have been unable to work for weeks or months as a direct result. In fact, in some cases, people are even permanently disabled as a result of drunk driving crashes, leaving them unable to ever return to the same level of work (and income) that they were performing prior to the accident. You are entitled to compensation for the full value of your lost wages and future lost wages, too.
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress. In addition to economic losses, you are also eligible to recover noneconomic damages. These include compensation for intangible types of harm you have suffered or/and are suffering, including pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
- Punitive Damages. These are damages intended to punish the drunk driver.
Why Choose Our Pueblo Drunk Driver Accident Lawyers
When you’ve been injured, you need a drunk driver accident attorney who cares about you and who is committed to making your case a priority. At the law office of McCormick & Murphy, P.C., our Pueblo drunk driving accident lawyers always strategize for cases on a personalized basis and provide one-on-one services. We are reliable, dependable, experienced, and have a track record of success.
We offer free consultations for all injury victims and prospective clients. To learn more, please contact us by phone at (719) 225-1737 or online at your convenience. We are here to support you.