Pueblo Intersection Accident Lawyers
Pueblo is known for its iconic setting upon the Arkansas River, as well as for being one of the largest steel-producing cities in the United States. It is also known as being the least expensive place in all of Colorado to live, and the sixth most affordable place to live in all of Colorado.
Of course, there are countless different roads and intersections, and thousands of cars driving through and around the city every day. With major intersections in the city, intersection accidents are a serious threat. If you have been involved in an intersection accident in Pueblo, our Pueblo intersection accident lawyers at the law firm of McCormick & Murphy, P.C. can help. Reach out to us today to learn more about how.
Causes of Intersection Accidents
In preventing intersection accidents, it is very important to understand the primary causes of intersection accidents. Determining cause will also be critical in the event that you are bringing forth a claim for damages; you will need to be able to identify the at-fault party, and prove that the intersection accident would not have occurred but for their negligence.
Some of the primary causes of intersection accidents include:
- Speeding. When drivers are traveling too fast for conditions, they may be unable to stop in time to avoid an intersection crash. If the speeding driver was the one at-fault for the accident, they can be held liable for any damages to others.
- Drunk driving. Driving drunk is illegal and unsafe, and drunk drivers are some of the most dangerous on the road. A drunk driver may cause an intersection crash as a result of running a red light or making an unlawful turn or lane change.
- Failure to yield. One of the most common causes of intersection crashes is simply a failure to yield. Drivers who are in a rush may commit this action intentionally, but drivers who mistakenly think that they have the right-of-way can also be to blame for failure-to-yield intersection accidents.
- Distracted driving. In today’s world, more drivers than ever before are operating their vehicles with a cellphone in hand (or in lap), and are also distracted by other things, such as children or pets in the car. Distracted driving is a major cause of accidents of all types, including intersection accidents. Distracted driving can also be the cause of a driver’s failure to see a cyclist or pedestrian to the right of them, leading to a right-turn intersection accident (the vehicle makes a right turn into a pedestrian or cyclist who is proceeding straight through the intersection).
- Illegal maneuvers. In addition to the above common causes of intersection accidents, performing any type of illegal maneuver can lead to a crash. Particularly dangerous is that of changing lanes mid-intersection, as this could result in a side-swipe collision with another vehicle.
Injuries from Intersection Accidents
When an intersection accident occurs, the injuries suffered by the occupants of the vehicles involved can be very serious. Types of intersection accidents include head-on collisions, side-swipe accidents, rear-end accidents, and T-bone crashes, all of which can lead to serious injuries, and sometimes fatal injuries in the most severe of cases. Types of injuries that commonly result in an intersection accident:
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries. Whiplash is one of the most common car accident injuries, and is especially common in rear-end crashes. Whiplash can be painful, and even disabling. Other soft tissue injuries are also possible.
- Traumatic brain injuries. If the head is hit with force or the skull and brain are punctured with an object, the result can be a traumatic brain injury (TBI). TBIs can have lasting effects on a person’s cognition, memory, thinking, emotion, sensation, and more.
- Spinal cord injuries. One of the most devastating injury types is a spinal cord injury. A spinal cord injury occurs when the spinal cord, which is protected by the spinal column and runs the length of the spine, is damaged. The result of a spinal cord injury is permanent partial or complete paralysis from the injury site downwards.
- Amputation injuries. In the most severe of intersection accidents, a limb may be severed as a result of the crash or may be so severely damaged that amputation is the only option. Amputation injuries are, obviously, devastating and permanently disabling.
- Other injury types. In addition to the above, psychological injuries, internal injuries, and bone fractures injuries are all possible, too.
Supporting You After an Intersection Accident in Pueblo
If you have been involved in an intersection accident, working with a Pueblo intersection accident lawyer could significantly improve the outcome of your case and your future. Our intersection accident attorneys in Pueblo will work hard to investigate your case, determine liability and prove the fault of the responsible party, calculate your damages, preserve all evidence, issue a demand letter, review a settlement offer, negotiate your settlement, and keep you in the loop throughout the entire process. Our lawyers also have trial experience, and will not hesitate to litigate your case if that’s what it takes. Throughout the process, we will remain committed to being available and accessible, and will always create a strategy for your case that is based on the unique details of your accident and injuries, your best interests, and your wants and needs.
Call Our Pueblo Intersection Accident Attorneys Today
If you have been seriously injured, working with an intersection accident attorney in Pueblo may be the next most important step that you need to take in order to preserve your right to your full compensation amount. Our Pueblo intersection accident lawyers certainly understand how terrifying intersection accidents can be, and empathize with what you’re going through. While we know that there is nothing that can be done to undo what you have suffered, we do want to help you recover the financial compensation that you deserve to support your future. Please reach out to our law firm today at (719) 225-1737 to schedule your free consultation.