Pueblo Reckless Driving Accident Lawyers
Driving may be a necessity for most people in Pueblo, as well as a major convenience, but it’s also dangerous. To be sure, even if you’re operating your vehicle as safely as possible, you never know what another driver will do. From negligent driving to obvious breaches of the law, drivers often take the lives of others in their hands when they get behind the wheel.
One dangerous driving behavior that can result in not just civil consequences but also criminal ones is that of reckless driving. Our Pueblo reckless driving accident lawyers can support you if you or your loved one has been involved in a reckless driving crash and you need representation during the claims process.
Have You Been Seriously Injured in a Crash Caused by a Reckless Driver?
Reckless driving refers to operating a vehicle in a manner that demonstrates a wanton or willful disregard for the safety of others. This might include racing, excessive speeding, driving drunk, or performing a handful of other maneuvers that blatantly disregard the wellbeing and safety of others. If you have been seriously injured in a crash caused by a reckless driver, you may be facing significant losses. Injuries that may occur as a result of a driver’s recklessness include:
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries, or TBIs, can have a long-term effect on one’s cognitive ability, sensations, emotions, and more. TBIs can also be life-threatening.
- Spinal cord injuries. A spinal cord injury is one of the most devastating injury types, as it means that the affected person will suffer permanent partial or complete paralysis from the injury site downwards. This means a lifetime of disability.
- Loss of limb injuries. Losing a limb or losing the use of a limb is extremely devastating, not to mention disabling. A loss of limb injury can also be life-threatening.
- Bones fractures, soft tissue injuries, and internal injuries. Other injury types that are common in serious car accidents, and which can be disabling and result in a diminished quality of life, include bone fractures, soft tissue injuries, and internal injuries. If you have suffered any of these injury types, our lawyers can help.
Damages Recoverable in a Reckless Driving Car Accident Claim
If a reckless driver has caused a crash that has resulted in your harm, our lawyers will aggressively advocate for your right to recover your full damages amount. Types of damages that are recoverable in a reckless driving car accident claim include compensation for your:
- Medical expenses. Medical expenses often comprise the bulk of financial costs associated with a reckless driving accident. You should not have to pay a single cent of your medical costs out of pocket.
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress. When you think about the losses you have suffered, have you considered your noneconomic losses, such as the value of your pain, disability, diminished quality of life, and emotional distress?
- Property damage costs. If you were seriously injured in a crash, chances are high that your vehicle was totaled. Our lawyers will work hard to improve your chances of recovering compensation for the full value of your property damage costs.
- Lost wages. In addition to medical expenses, the majority of costs that a person incurs after suffering a serious injury are in the form of lost wages and loss of earning capacity. If you are unable to work because of your injury, call our law firm today.
Holding a Reckless Driving Liable for Your Injuries
Reckless driving is against the law – it is a Class 2 misdemeanor in Colorado. However, if you think that a reckless driver was to blame for your accident and related injuries, you won’t be pursuing a criminal action; instead, you’ll need to file a civil claim, which is entirely separate from any criminal outcome.
In Colorado, drivers who cause accidents are responsible for paying for them (per the state’s tort liability system). You can use the citation issued to the other driver, as well as the police report, as evidence that your crash and injuries would not have occurred but for the other driver’s reckless behavior.
Most reckless driving accident claims are filed by the plaintiff against the defendant’s liability insurance company. If a settlement cannot be reached, filing a lawsuit may be the next best course of action. If special circumstances exist, such as in the case that the reckless driver is uninsured, our lawyers can help you to understand your options.
How Our Pueblo Reckless Driving Accident Lawyers Can Help
Our Pueblo reckless driving accident lawyers believe that reckless driving is entirely unacceptable and that any driver who causes an accident as a result of reckless driving should be held liable for the damages that result. We will work hard for you by investigating your case, gathering evidence to support your claim, proving the recklessness of the driver against whom you’re pursuing damages, reviewing all relevant insurance policies, calculating your damages, advising you of your options, issuing a demand letter, ensuring evidence is preserved, and negotiating your settlement. Our goal is to recover the largest settlement possible on your behalf.
Our lawyers work on a 100 percent contingency fee basis, which means that you won’t owe us anything if our team is ineffective at recovering a settlement. We never ask for upfront fees and never charge hourly rates; instead, if we are successful in settling your case, we will be paid based on a percentage of that final settlement award. We also always offer free consultations.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with Our Reckless Driving Accident Team in Pueblo Today
Being injured by a reckless driver is unfair and unjust. And while there is nothing that you can do to change the past and undo what has happened to you, you can take steps to improve your future. By partnering with our Pueblo reckless driving accident attorneys, you can start to explore your options for financial recovery and begin the claims process. Reach us by phone or online today to learn more.