50 Years of Experience and Millions in Recoveries
We focus mainly on two (2) areas of law: 1) Personal injury accident cases and, 2) insurance bad faith cases. Throughout our 20 year history, we’ve been fortunate to achieve substantial financial settlements and verdicts.
The primary types of accident cases we handle, in order of frequency, are:
- Auto accidents (car, truck, motorcycle, etc.)
- Bicycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Dog attacks
- Premises liability (slip and fall)
- Traumatic brain injuries
Our firm exists to help make our clients financially whole again after an accident. If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of negligence, or you’ve been denied compensation based on bad faith insurance tactics, we hope you’ll contact us for a free case evaluation.
This evaluation obligates you to nothing. Furthermore, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay us nothing unless we recover compensation for you.
James “Jay” Murphy, Esq. has been a licensed attorney since 1989. Originally from northern California, Mr. Murphy worked as a law clerk for the Colorado Court of Appeals in Denver, and moved to Colorado Springs in 1990. He has practiced personal injury law since 1990. Between 1990 and 1995, Mr. Murphy worked as a litigation defense attorney representing individuals, insurance companies and large corporations. Read more
Kirk McCormick, Esq. began his legal career as a prosecutor in Des Moines, Iowa, following his graduation from Drake University Law School. After moving to Colorado Springs in 1986, Mr. McCormick handled multi-million dollar commercial lawsuits for Colorado Interstate Gas Company, and later became a partner in the largest law firm in the state that focused its practice on representing insurance companies. Read more
- “When I hired McCormick & Murphy, they immediately took action, and fought to get my medical bills paid, and to recover fair compensation for the injuries I had suffered. When the fight was over, McCormick & Murphy had recovered 10 times more than the insurance company had offered to pay me for my injuries. I highly recommend McCormick & Murphy.” – Ted, Colorado Springs
- “Even though I lost my ability to earn a living due a serious head injury, neither the insurance company of the driver who hit me or my own insurance company offered to pay for the lost wages that I would lose over my life time. McCormick & Murphy fought for my rights, and eventually collected over $1,000,000.00 for me. I highly recommend McCormick & Murphy.” – Brian
- “I hired McCormick & Murphy to fight for my rights, and after years of fighting with my insurance company, McCormick & Murphy took my case to trial, and a jury awarded over $400,000.00 to me for the way my insurance company had treated me. I highly recommend the law firm of McCormick & Murphy.” – Tammy
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?Answered by: James Murphy
If you are injured because of the acts of another person and plan to sue, the first thing you need to consider is whether it is financially reasonable to do so. Hiring a lawyer and filing a personal injury lawsuit is no small task. If the amount you stand to obtain is too small, you... Continue
- How Long Will My Personal Injury Lawsuit Take?Answered by: James Murphy
One of the most common questions in any personal injury lawsuit is: “How long will this take!?” The simple, yet deeply unsatisfying, answer is: It depends. Below is a brief exploration of the different phases of a personal injury claim set in the context of temporal phases. Although each case brings with it a unique... Continue
- What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?Answered by: James Murphy
When you have been injured by another person’s negligence or recklessness–like in a car accident–a personal injury attorney will serve as your most important tool when negotiating a settlement and fighting to obtain compensation. After you suffer an injury, there are many decisions that need to be made quickly in order to ensure that your... Continue