Colorado Personal Injury Attorneys
Injured in Colorado? We want to help.Talk To An Attorney
McCormick & Murphy is a Personal Injury & Accident Law Firm
We are one of the longest-standing personal injury law firms in Colorado. Over our 24 year history we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars for our Colorado clients.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident that caused serious injuries, we invite you to talk to an experienced Colorado personal injury attorney at McCormick & Murphy. Complete the short form below to schedule your free case review online, or call us 24/7 at (888) 668-1182.
DON’T HESITATE. CONTACT US FOR A FREE, NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION
McCormick & Murphy fought for my rights, and collected over $1,000,000 for me.
When I was seriously injured in an automobile accident, I believed the insurance companies would treat me fairly. As a result of the accident I lost the ability to work in the profession that I had been trained in. Even though I lost my ability to earn a living due a serious head injury, neither the insurance company of the driver who hit me or my own insurance company offered to pay for the lost wages that I would lose over my life time. McCormick & Murphy fought for my rights, and eventually collected over $1,000,000.00 for me. I highly recommend McCormick & Murphy.
– Colorado ★★★★★
Meet the Attorneys: Kirk McCormick and James Murphy
If you or someone you love has been injured due to the negligence of another, it’s essential that you speak with a qualified, local attorney about your case. A reputable accident lawyer can evaluate the facts of your case and explain your best options for recovering full and fair compensation.
At McCormick & Murphy, our Colorado personal injury attorneys have over 50 years of experience, and have recovered millions for our clients. We hope you’ll contact us for a free, no obligation consultation.
Our Work Has Been Featured On:
Below, you’ll find fundamental information about personal injury law in the state of Colorado, including an explanation of the Colorado personal injury statue of limitations, and the basics of proving liability.
Colorado Personal Injury Information
Personal injury, in legal terms, refers to an injury to the body, mind, or emotions, as opposed to injury or damage to property. In the standard personal injury claim, the injured person or, the plaintiff, will file suit against the negligent party, whose negligence caused the accident which caused the injury. Damages in personal injury cases include, but are not limited to, emotional distress and physical injury.
Colorado Statute of Limitations
It is important to understand what kind of claim you have so that you can be sure to avoid losing the ability to bring about said claim once the statute of limitations expire. The statute of limitations refers to the amount of time you have to file suit. This is one of the reasons why it is important to consult an attorney as soon as you are able following your accident.
In Colorado, the SOLs for some of the most common forms of lawsuits are as follows:
- Personal Injury involving a motor vehicle – 3 years, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 13-80-101(1)(n)
- Personal Injury – 2 years, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 13-80-102(1)(i)
- Product Liability – 2 years, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 13-80-102(1)(b)
- Property Damage involving a motor vehicle – 3 years, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 13-80-101(1)(n)
- Property Damage – 2 years, Colo. Rev. Stat. § 13-80-102(1)(i)
Proving Liability in Personal Injury Cases
In Colorado, the burden of proof in personal injury cases falls on the shoulders of the victim. It is important to understand that with most personal injury cases, the goal of the insurance companies who represent the negligent parties is to settle for the smallest possible amount. In order to accomplish this goal, beware of the following tactics:
- Hassling you for statements regarding the accident. Remember that it is in your best interest to withhold from commenting on your accident until you have consulted an attorney.
- Attempting to have you settle quickly. The faster the insurance companies can settle your claim, the less they are likely to pay out. This is because the true costs of any given personal injury case may not become clear until months after the accident. This is another good reason to consult an attorney as soon as you are able.
- Asking misleading or manipulative questions. Because they want to settle for less, it is in the best interest of the insurance company to frame questions in a manner which weakens your case.
It is the job of your personal injury attorney to prove that the negligence of another is what caused your injury, and that those injuries require compensation from the responsible party. This is why it is critical that your attorney has a reputation for taking cases to trial to secure the full value of your case.
A lawyer who is satisfied with simply settling, is one who will normally leave money on the table; money you need to get your life back.
Colorado Accident & Injury Articles & FAQs
Don’t wait. Get a free case review today.
At McCormick & Murphy, P.C., our experienced Colorado personal injury attorneys offer free legal consultations to the injured. To get a qualified review of your case, call us now at (888) 668-1182 (24/7) or email us through our website.