The result of an auto wreck can be hard to deal with, particularly if you have severe wounds. If you or a family member has been involved in an accident, a Pueblo Car Accident Lawyer can help. Rather than dealing with the insurance agencies alone, our accomplished personal injury lawyers will walk you through the claims process. They will also work to assist you with getting a reasonable compensation for your misfortunes. Contact McCormick & Murphy P.C. today for a free evaluation of your case.
What are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Pueblo, Colorado?
Thousands of car accidents occur in the state of Colorado each year. The vast majority of those crashes happen because of the carelessness of some drivers. In order to prove the negligence of a driver, you need to show the following:
- The other driver had an obligation to operate their car safely
- The motorist abused that duty of care
- The action or inaction of the other driver brought about an auto collision
- You endured misfortunes in light of the driver’s infringement of the duty of care
While driver’s negligence is a typical cause of accidents, a car crash can also occur due to other reasons such as:
- Reckless driving
- Driving without experience
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driving while intoxicated
- Exhausted driving
- Perilous roads
- Dangerous weather
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Faulty car parts
A competent Pueblo car accident lawyers can work to demonstrate that your accident happened because of another person’s negligence.
What You Should Do After an Auto Accident
The repercussions of an auto crash can be very overpowering. Take the following steps to avoid confusion and errors:
- Evaluate yourself and other people for wounds. Look for medical help immediately if you have sustained injuries
- Contact the police. The collision report and any references given out will assist you with an insurance claim
- Trade individual and insurance details with the other drivers. Additionally, gather the names of witnesses
- Take photographs and videos of the accident scene. Ensure you record any harm to the vehicles, state of the road, and vehicle placement. Take pictures of injuries, bystanders and signs
- Call a car accident lawyer in Pueblo, CO immediately. The longer you wait to begin an investigation, the less proof you’ll have.
After an auto crash, it’s essential to converse with your Pueblo auto accident attorney and abstain from conversing with insurance adjusters. Your lawyer can deal with the claim and all legal matters for you.
What Are Common Type of Car Accident Injuries
After an auto collision, you might be severely harmed. However, certain types of injuries take longer to appear such as soft tissue damage and nerve injuries. It’s critical to look for medical assistance as quickly as possible after an auto collision. But, you also need to follow up with a physician to fully record your injuries.
Here are some of the injuries that people usually suffer in a car accident:
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Bruises and cuts
- Spinal cord injuries
- Strains and sprains to tendons and muscle
- Broken bones; and
- Psychological problems, such as post-traumatic stress disorder
An attorney can review your healthcare records and assist you with proving to an insurer that you deserve compensation for your wounds. At McCormick & Murphy P.C., our lawyers can help you recover compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Modifications to automobiles or your house because of disability
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Loss of consortium
- Burial and funeral expenses
Who Pays Out In An Auto Accident?
Victims of an auto collision can make claims against various policies, including:
- The Other Driver’s Insurance Policy– If you were harmed because of another motorist’s negligence, you can make a claim against their insurance policy. You may report the incident to your own insurer, and they will follow up with the other party’s insurance agency. Although the process should be simple, sometimes it isn’t. Certain questions like the extent of each driver’s liability, or the severity of your injuries, come into play.
Insurance agencies will request evidence for pretty much everything. They will decipher ambiguities in all the facts against you, and translate an absence of data against you. Remember, the other driver’s insurer has a duty to constrain their policyholder’s risk as much as they can. Not only that, but it profits the insurance provider to do so. Therefore, it is vital for you to have a car accident lawyer in Pueblo, CO on your side.
- Your Own Automobile Medical Payments Coverage- Some choose to pay for their own automobile medical payments insurance policy, which is called Personal Injury Protection (PIP). This insurance will pay for medical treatments regardless of who is to blame for causing the auto collision. If you cause a crash, you may file a claim on your PIP policy even if you were fully responsible. Medical payments insurance covers medical costs during recovery. In some cases, however, your insurance company or their agents may deny your claim. If that happens, it might be worthwhile to contact a lawyer, have them review your policy, and appeal the rejection.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Coverage- It is a form of insurance that pays out in one of two occurrences. If the other motorist doesn’t have insurance or escapes the scene and can’t be found, the Uninsured Motorist Coverage pays out. Likewise, if your injuries surpass the other motorist’s policy limit, you may make a claim on your UIM policy.
- Commercial Liability Insurance- A person who uses vehicles for their work needs commercial liability insurance. If a commercial driver is liable for a crash, claims are made against the organization’s policy, not the motorist’s personal liability insurance.
Call An Experienced Pueblo Car Accident Lawyer Today
At McCormick & Murphy P.C., we have extensive experience in helping clients with personal injury claims. We can help you acquire remuneration for the financial and non-monetary losses you incur in an auto accident. Call a Pueblo car accident lawyer from our firm today at (719) 225-1737 for a free initial consultation. You can also send us an email using our online contact form.